Almond flour biscuits
- 2 cups (190g) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup (56g) butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (63ml) whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, and baking powder until well combined.
- Add the butter to the almond flour mixture and use your fingertips to mix it in. Stop when the flour looks slightly clumpy and there aren't any visible pieces of butter left.
- Add the eggs and milk to the flour mixture. Use a fork to whisk the eggs then stir everything together until just combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop, or a soup spoon to drop approximately six equally-sized biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake the biscuits for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool the biscuits on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Almond flour biscuits are best eaten warm, topped with butter.
Adding chopped cherries is nice. Adding orange flavor doesn't help. Adding some Splenda does, if you want them sweet.
recipes/breads/low_carb_biscuits.txt · Last modified: 2022/03/27 09:00 by admin