- 2 ounces flour (about 1/3 cup*)
- 6 ounces cornmeal (a heaping cup*)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-fingered pinch of salt (a teaspoon if you must)
- 2 ounces sugar (about 4½ tablespoons*)
- 8 ounces milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces butter, melted but cool
- 3 - 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the milk and eggs and whisk to combine, add the butter, whisking.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring till all ingredients are well incorporated, stir in the jalapenos and corn.
- Pour batter into a buttered or oiled loaf pan (or vessel of your choice, such as a cast iron skillet) and bake till the interior is no longer wet, about 30 minutes.
( *consider adding “buy a scale” to your to do list)
From Michael Ruhlman, http://blog.ruhlman.com/
recipes/breads/jalapeno_cornbread.txt · Last modified: 2017/12/19 19:42 by admin