Makes: 3 mini loaves (8 slices each) or one standard-size loaf. <br>Prep: 20 minutes <br>Bake: at 350 degree F for 35 minutes
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degree F. Coat 3, 5-3/4 x 3 x 2-1/8-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, whisk cocoa powder, 1/3 cup of the sugar and 1/3 cup water until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together remaining 3/4 cup sugar, the eggs, oil and almond extract. Whisk in sour cream.
- Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until blended. Stir 1-1/2 cups of the batter into the cocoa mixture, along with the chopped cherries, until no white streaks remain. Dollop alternating spoonfuls of batter into prepared pans. Swirl batters together with a butter knife until marbled in appearance. Top each loaf with 1 tablespoon mini chips.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean. Cool loaves in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove directly to rack to cool completely.
Note: Batter may be baked as one 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf; increase baking time to 45 to 50 minutes; test center of loaf with a toothpick before removing.
source: Family Circle http://www.parents.com/recipes/recipedetail.jsp?recipeId=R112856